This week’s featured Pin is:
Ten Things You Need to Know About Budgeting
1. Everyone should do it. Budgets are needed at all different income levels. Tracking how much you spend helps you make more informed decisions.
2. Know what triggers your spending. When you recognize what is causing you to spend more money, it is easier for you to stop.
3. You can still have fun. Just because you are being careful with your money does not mean you can’t have fun! Just make sure you’re allocating only as much as your budget allows.
4. Stop sales emails from stores. It is much easier to avoid spending money on handbags when you don’t get the emails announcing their 10% discount.
5. You spend more money on grocery shopping when you are hungry. Eat a snack before you shop!
6. Review your bills before paying. Make sure you know what you’re paying for. Make sure they don’t sneak in things you’re unaware of.
7. Expect the unexpected. It’s necessary to allow cushion in your budget to pay for unexpected expenses. An emergency fund is crucial! Aim for enough to take care of 3 to 6 months of expenses.
8. If you fall off track one month, get back on the next. If you spend more than budgeted one month, don’t get discouraged and give up. Spend less the next month or reevaluate your budget allowances. Make necessary adjustments and don’t give up!
9. Helping yourself will help your children. Your children learn by watching you. Help instill good spending habits in your children.
10. Really think about big purchases before you make them. Don’t rush into anything! This will also help to prevent buyer’s remorse when you get home.
Stay tuned for next week’s pin! Also, check out our boards on Pinterest!