- Earning too much at the wrong time.
- Letting the wrong family members hold college money.
- Making assumptions about what schools will offer.
- Thinking merit money is all about grades and SATs.
- Not applying for all the aid you're eligible for.
- Figuring the "expected family contribution" is all you're paying.
- Going for the loan with the lowest interest rate.
- Thinking an aid offer is set in stone.
- Figuring aid will be about the same all four years.
Click here to read the full article for more information.