Liz Weston's recent MSN Money article, "Money in your 60s: 12 steps to take," explores 12 steps you can take to proactively prepare for retirement during your final years of work. These steps include:
1) Zero in on a retirement date.
2) Figure out where you're going to live.
3) Consider long-term-care insurance.
4) Don't forget to include medical costs.
5) Deal with your debt.
6) Draw up a retirement budget.
7) Review your Social Security and pension options.
8) Check your withdrawal rate.
9) Consider an immediate annuity.
10) Stress-test your plan.
Click here to read the full article.