Friday, March 18, 2011
Empower Your Teen!
KPVI News 6 (Pocatello, Idaho) recently wrote a story about the importance of discussing money with teenagers. They interviewed Dr. Brad Klontz, a financial psychologist who works with H&R Block Dollars & Sense, who suggested that parents start with five tactics:
1) Fight the urge to give advice; just listen.
2) If at first they don't succeed... let them try, try again.
3) Tell your teen to think before buying.
4) Model healthy financial behaviors your teen can follow.
5) Talk to your teen's school about efforts to reinforce financial lessons.
Click here to read the full story.